Big Fish Mojo Sportfishing asks that for all trips clients leave a 50% deposit upon booking a charter, to hold the date open. This 50% is fully refundable until 3 business days before the charter. Please contact Captain Jake at 617-594-0624 should you need to cancel a trip less than 3 business days in advance. We accept credit cards, cash, or checks for both deposits and day-of-charter payments.
We are happy to pick up and drop off clients at any public dock within a reasonable distance from Marblehead, MA. Most of our trips leave from the “State Street Dock” right next to The Landing Restaurant in Marblehead (81 Front Street, Marblehead, MA 01945). Suggested pickup locations include:
- “State Street Dock” (public dock next to The Landing Restaurant, 81 Front Street, Marblehead, MA 01945)
- “Village Street Dock” (163 Village Street, Marblehead, MA 01945)
- “Winter Island Park” (50 Winter Island Road, Salem, MA 01970)
What is included with my trip?
All the appropriate fishing tackle and bait is provided on all Big Fish Mojo Sportfishing trips. However, if you have a favorite fishing rod, a new lure you want to try out, a lucky fishing hat, or something else of that nature you’re welcome to bring it!
What To bring
- IF YOU’RE BOOKING A KIDS’ TRIP AND YOUR CHILDREN (UNDER AGE 13) ALREADY HAVE THEIR OWN LIFE JACKETS THAT THEY ARE COMFORTABLE WEARING, PLEASE BRING THEM ALONG. If not, your kids are welcome to borrow some of ours.
- Camera (gotta have proof of that catch of a lifetime to send to family, friends, and maybe even foes!)
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages in a soft-sided cooler or bag
- Wear shoes with soft soles
- Wear comfortable clothing for moving around (preferably clothing that can withstand a bit of fish slime – don’t wear your finest outfit)
- Plenty of sunscreen or other sun protection (sunglasses, big hats, buffs, sun shirts, etc)
- Sweatshirt (the ocean air is generally about 10°F cooler than the temperatures predicted on land)
- A lucky fishing rod, if you’d like! If not, don’t worry, we’ve got all the appropriate gear!
Safety on the water is our top priority, hands down. Captain Jake will run charters in the dark, wind, fog, or rain as long as conditions are safe. However, if conditions are forecasted to be unsafe, extremely unpleasant, or formidable on the day of the charter, Captain Jake reserves the right to reschedule charters at any time. If a rain-date charter is not scheduled or desired by the client, a full refund can be given.
Our vessel is equipped with all of the necessary safety gear and equipment required by the USCG to run UPV charters (and state of the art marine electronics/radar), and we hold all the necessary fishing permits for our trips in both Massachusetts, and Federal waters. In addition, Captain Jake holds a valid USCG Captain’s License, a valid TWIC card, and a valid Adult+Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED certification from the American Red Cross.
After your trip, you just might see a picture of yourself pop up on this very website, Big Fish Mojo Sportfishing’s Instagram, or Facebook! However, if you’re camera shy, just let Captain Jake know. He always wants to respect clients’ privacy.
How Many Passengers are allowed?
On ALL Big Fish Mojo Sportfishing trips, a maximum of 6 passengers are allowed. However, usually for fishing trips fewer passengers is ideal. For many of the fishing techniques we use, to avoid tangles in our lines we generally use only 2-3 fishing rods at a time. So, the more passengers on board, the less time each person will have individually with a rod in his/her hand. Captain Jake will work as hard as he can to make sure as many passengers as possible have lines in the water while fishing.
Charter Safety agreement
By booking a charter with Captain Jake and Big Fish Mojo Sportfishing, the client agrees to follow all safety guidelines, protocols, and orders given by Captain Jake while on charter. Captain Jake reserves the right to end a trip at any time if a client’s conduct is deemed reckless or unsafe aboard our vessel.
Big Fish Mojo Sportfishing wants to ensure a fun and safe experience for all clients. Therefore, we comply with the United States Coast Guard’s Zero Tolerance Policy, and do not allow drugs or alcohol on board our charters. Thank you for helping us to comply with this policy.